Automation and robotics is a dynamic field, and the Southern Virginia Higher Education Center (SVHEC) can help you begin or advance your career! Automation [email protected] is a short term, non-credit training program that prepares students to succeed in advanced operation positions in modern production environments that use automated technologies. Training is ideal for individuals in related occupations like information technology, who want to become proficient in automation and programming.
In less than one year, we’ll prepare you to be a work-ready Automation Technician. Financial assistance is available.
In-demand skills acquired include:
- Setup, Adjustment, and Operation of Automated Machines
- Robotic Operations and Terminology
- Production Monitoring via HMI, Internet, Ethernet, and Smartphones
- Ethernet Network Operation
- Programmable Controller Programming and Operation
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Mechatronic Systems Programming and Operation
- Data Analytics
Automation [email protected] training will prepare you for a variety of jobs, including:
- Automation Technician
- Advanced Manufacturing Technician
- Industrial Maintenance Technician
- Maintenance and Repair
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technician
- 18 years or older
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid form of ID
- Attend one information session
- Complete ACT WorkKeys Assessment
For questions or to get started, contact or call (434) 572-5475.